Friday, November 9, 2007

Leader's Edge

Last night Suncrest had it's quarterly leaders meeting, called Leader's Edge. It is probably one of my favorite meeting that I have through out the year. I think it is because it is a meeting for all the leaders at Suncrest, and I am not in charge. So, I get to act lilke the rebellious youth minister, and watch other leaders look at our tables of leaders with fear of how crazy we are and at the same time pity(because they are afraid to what we do) . It doesn't hurt that there is food at the beginning, being a fat guy that helps my opinion of a meeting. Greg talked a lot about reproducing leaders, the concept of all leaders, identifying and personally training new leaders to do what they are already doing. Then we had our monthly youth leaders meeting.

Youth leader meetings are great; typically I create a pathetic agenda and we spend a lot of time making fun of each other. We would never make fun of students, that would just cross the line. Unless the student did something really funny or they are a student leader, then we might. But if they were there we would be laughing with them and not at them... I promise(who am I trying to foul if you are reading this you know me). We had some great conversations about upcoming event, and even looked to planning the spring events. After the meeting was over Chris Salata and I ended up chatting in my office. We had a moment of genius; we produce creative solutions to problems I have been wrestling with for months. My only fear is that they were great ideas at 10:00 PM on a Thursday night, hope they are half as good when I start presenting them to people. We will find out. I wish I used this blog to talk about cool things and deep thoughts, oh well I guess I will use it to talk about me and my boring life, I am such a student ministry nerd.

No comments: